We love Christenings (another name for Baptism if you were wondering) and welcome everyone who wants to take part in this beautiful service. Whether you want your child baptised, or want to be baptised yourself, our delight is in making everyone welcome.
Baptism marks the beginning of a journey with God which continues for the rest of our lives, the first step in response to God’s love. For all involved, particularly the candidates but also parents, godparents and sponsors, it is a joyful moment when we rejoice in what God has done for us in Christ, making serious promises and declaring the faith. The wider community of the local church and friends welcome the new Christian, promising support and prayer for the future. Hearing and doing these things provides an opportunity to remember our own baptism and reflect on the progress made on that journey, which is now to be shared with this new member of the Church.
- Check where your Parish Church is, enter your postcode into the A Church Near You website
- St Bartholomew’s is the parish Church of Marsden
- St James’ is the parish Church of Slaithwaite with East Scammonden
- Come and worship with us at a main service on Sunday and speak to our Baptism Coordinator
- Learn more about christenings in the Church of England by visiting the Christenings website