A wedding is one of life’s great moments, a time of solemn commitment as well as good wishes, feasting and joy. St John tells us how Jesus shared in such an occasion at Cana, and gave there a sign of new beginnings as he turned water into wine.from the Pastoral Introduction to the Wedding Service
copyright Archbishop’s Council
Coronavirus: In case of medical emergency it is possible to have a Christian Wedding in your home, with a Church of England ceremony, through a special licence. If you live in either of the parishes of St Bartholomew’s Marsden or St James in Slaithwaite and East Scammonden, please contact Revd Graeme Holdsworth for further details.
We look forward to the day when Weddings in church can resume, in the meantime here are some resources to help couples prepare for a Church of England Wedding.
- Check where your Parish Church is, enter your postcode into the A Church Near You website
- St Bartholomew’s is the parish Church of Marsden
- St James’ is the parish Church of Slaithwaite with East Scammonden
- Call the Vicar, Revd Graeme Holdsworth to discuss your plans and check dates
- Visit the Your Church Wedding website and start planning the big day