To assist the Vicar with the administration behind Weddings at St Bartholomew’s Church (Marsden) and St James’ Church (Slaithwaite). To help with coordination and communication between everyone involved in church weddings across the two churches. This would support the Vicar in this ministry.
- Keep an up to date spreadsheet of future marriages in St James Church (Slaithwaite) and St Bartholomew’s Church (Marsden) and to help the Vicar book wedding dates without double-booking.
- To support the Vicar by keeping records of future wedding plans, such as planned readings, plans for music and prayers, who is presiding at the wedding.
- Assist the Vicar in making sure Banns are read the month before each Wedding.
- Ensure that the couples’ wedding plans are communicated to those who need to know: the Churchwardens, the Treasurer, the Verger, the Organist, those who arrange heating and those who arrange flowers.
- Follow up before the wedding to ensure that the Churchwardens, the Treasurer, the Verger, the Organist, those who arrange heating and those who arrange flowers have everything in place.
- Ensure confidentiality by deleting these administrative records after 12 months.
The person needs to be well organised, be able to manage a spreadsheet and email, and maintain confidentiality about couple’s wedding plans. Following best practice for Safeguarding, the Wedding Administrator will need to complete a Confidential Declaration.
Contact Graeme if you are interested in this role.